We are very sad to announce that Ramsay passed away on the 29th December 2011 doing what he loved. He will be greatly missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.
We have created a tribute page for friends and fans to leave messages on. You will be able to post messages on it in a few days.
Ramsay McMaster - One of the World’s Leading Golf Specific Physiotherapists
Ramsay's love for the game of golf originated from the "home of golf" Scotland where he grew up. His passion for the game was easily identified at an early age when he played 81 holes in one day at his home club of Bridge of Allan at the age of 14 years. This nine-hole course had the unique position of being on the side of a Scottish mountain and it was humorously stated that "you needed one leg shorter than the other to play it."
Ramsay plays as an 'A' grade golfer and has won Victoria’s largest Pro-Am at Portsea Golf Club, in between being a full time golf physical therapist and fitness consultant.
- His passion for the sport continued when he migrated to Australia and established arguably the World’s first ever Golf Injury Clinic, The Melbourne Golf Injury Clinic. This has serviced over 4,500 amateur and golf club golfers of all ages from all over the world, and has provided over 50,000 fitness programs and golf specific treatments.
- Ramsay's golf specific screening and profiling has been used by many of the world’s top Tour players. He is the golf fitness consultant to some of the world's leading PGA Tour Pros. These include the PGAs of Australia, New Zealand, Britain and Ireland where he has written their golf fitness and injury prevention curriculums.
- Ramsay also works closely with leading coaches. These include Steve Bann, Jim McLean and the Head Coaches of England, Scotland, Norway. Switzerland, Belgium, New Zealand, China, Taiwan and Australia. Recently he has also been working with Pete Cowen whose players include Henrik Stenson, Thomas Bjorn, Lee Westwood and Simon Dyson.
- Other players serviced by Ramsay include US Open Winner Alison Nicholas, US Amateur Champion Matt Kuchar, the World's Leading Amateur in 2005 Michael Sim, Australian Amateur Champion Andrew Martin and 2005 European Challenge Tour Order of Merit Winner and Scandanavian Masters Winner Marc Warren.
- This list has expanded to the new breed of players Oliver Wilson, Marc Warren, Soren Hansen, Alex Noren, Michael Sim, Aron Price, Danny Willett, Rick Kulacz and winner of the 2008 Challenge Tour Order of Merit, David Horsey.
- Ramsay has lectured to over 1,000 physical therapists, trainers, sport science and PGA professionals worldwide and is a world leader in this area of golf. Ramsay has written two books Get Fit for Golf (Parts 1 and 2) and has also produced five software programs: The Training for Golf; The Body and Golf; The Golf Fitness System Level 1 and 2; and The Club Golfer CDs which are used worldwide at all levels as golf specific training systems.
- Ramsay is the ‘Golf Training’ consultant to Golf Digest and Golf Magazine and has presented many papers at Golf Science and Coaching Summits. He is heavily involved with the National Institutes of Sport Golf Units which have produced US Tour players Robert Allenby, Stuart Appleby, Geoff Ogilvy, Mat Goggin, Aaron Baddeley, Richard Green and NCAA champion, James McLean.
- Ramsay is also currently training two of the world’s leading female golfers, Na-Yeon Choi and Shiho Oyama.
- Ramsay is a full time Golf Physical Therapist, a serious golfer and is heavily involved in progressive golf specific fitness rehabilitation and injury prevention at all levels and in most countries which have a serious interest in the sport of golf.
- He has lectured to members at elite clubs such as Gleneagles, Royal Hague, Doral, Royal Melbourne and Hong Kong Golf Clubs as well as The Belfry, the home of the Ryder cup, and many more. Ramsay and his staff are responsible for the Medical Services to all players on the Ladies' European Tour.
- In addition, Ramsay is Consultant Physiotherapist to the American First Tee National Program and a member of the Titleist Performance Panel. He also has a clinic in Hong Kong.
- Ramsay has a specific focus on the rehabilitation and fitness of golfers to prolong their longevity and performance on the golf course.