Common Questions and Answers on Senior Golf & Golf Specific Fitness
1. Why should I do this golf fitness package when I am already working out in the gym?
- This program is unique in that it customises your golf specific exercises with your body and your swing to maximise function.
- Most gym programs are generic and not golf specific. Some of the general exercises are detrimental and may even harm your swing. Eg. bicep curls / sit-ups etc.
2. Where does the information come from?
- The information comes from around the world including the Scottish, English, and Australian Golf Associations, European Mens and Ladies Tour, Asian Tour, US Mens and Ladies Tours and our work with the First Tee Program in the USA and The Titleist Performance Institute as well as the Elite Programs in Australia which we have serviced and helped to produce 20 players in the top 100 in the world.
3. Am I too old for this?
- No, you are the right age for this program.
- Our bodies get weaker and stiffer with reduced balance and posture as we get older. This means reduction in our overall function which reduces our overall ability to perform on the golf course.
- This aging dysfunction process may result in reduced participation in golf as you get older which can result in you being incapable of playing golf.
- Most senior golfers are highly successful and have worked hard throughout their lives to play good golf but are unaware of golf specific training. Many senior golfers will spend thousands of dollars on new clubs and equipment but have spent no time in, investing in the actual machine that is behind the clubs and that is your body.
4. What is the biggest mistake that seniors make in relation to their body and golf?
- Most senior golfers try to get fit through golf and very few for golf. Many senior golfers will play more golf per week then when they were in their thirties and forties however they do not invest in physically preparing their body for the increase in golf that they play. A good anecdote, is imagine driving your car 4 times further every week without giving it service or an oil change. The difference is that you can replace your car not your body.
For bookings and enquiries contact us.
For some free advice on golf fitness for senior golfers then please download the following golf fitness PDFs.
Senior Golfers (Part 2)
For up-to-date information on our golf specific programs and seminars for tour players, elite amateurs, juniors or senior golfers please email us.